HAVE YOU MET... BRANDY?
We are always paying close attention to each and every individual member here at Starboard CrossFit. We're not just looking to help them get fit, improve themselves and achieve their goals... each month, we like choose an exceptional athlete that goes above and beyond the call of duty; an athlete that stands out as a shining example of an exemplary Starboard CrossFit athlete and family member. Definitely not an easy task with all of the amazing athletes we have!
Then we ask them to share their story in the hopes that it will inspire and motivate others. Most importantly we want to recognize those dedicated members for their hard work and accomplishments, and show the local community that ANYONE can be a CrossFitter. All you have to do is make the choice to give it a try, set goals, and work hard. You may be surprised at what you will accomplish!
Our early morning 5am class is on FIRE and this month we're very excited to introduce you to another one of our #5ammisfits #breakfastclub members. This young lady came in for a couple of free trial classes with another one of our long time members and coaches and was immediately bitten by the CrossFit bug. She has been a dedicated member of our 5am class ever since that fateful day. If you've ever been to one of our 5am classes then you'll be glad you met our amazing Star Athlete of the Month for December, we love you Brandy Baxley!
She is our early morning rock and the one that keeps all the crazy 5am adult children in line ensuring they don't get too crazy after they've had a bit too much caffeine. Thanks to a referral from a friend and a couple of FREE trials, Brandy jumped right on board with us. A woman of few words, Brandy prefers to let her actions do her talking. But, when she does open up you'll find she is very friendly, funny, and she is definitely strong. When it's time to get down to business Brandy is very attentive and one of our most 'coachable' athletes. With that she has learned and advanced very quickly and continues to improve very quickly.
We are very thankful extremely excited to see what the future holds for Brandy on her fitness journey and we're so very honored to have you in our CrossFit family!
PLEASE MEET OUR STAR ATHLETE... Brandy!
What's your nickname/call sign/hashtag?
- The Real OG… Haha. Just kidding. I don’t have a nickname.
Where were you born or where did you grow up?
- Born in Sumter, SC. Grew up in Turbeville, SC. Pop: 742.
Tell us something most people don't know about you...
- There isn’t really anything. I’m an open book. (She loves Barry Gibb and the Bee Gees! especially when it's mashed up with some AC/DC ;)
Funny or embarrassing story you'd like to share...
- So Hailey, two other friends, and I did a mud run a few years ago and I wound up stripping down naked in the middle of the mud run due to a very large crab being attached to my A$$ after swimming through a mud hole. Good times... HAHAHA!
Words to live by ~or~ favorite quote?
- 'Uhhhhh…Don’t put it on it unless it tastes good???' Lol. I don’t know
What were you doing before CrossFit?
- Eating. A lot.
When and how did you find CrossFit? What brought you to Starboard CrossFit in the first place?
- Just wanted to try something different and heard about it so I figured, why not? Hailey brought me to Starboard!!!
What was your first impression? How has that changed?
- First impression was great. Nothing has changed. I loved it then, I love it now.
How has CrossFit impacted your life inside & outside the gym?
- I wear smaller clothes now!
What is your favorite workout, movement or lift? least favorite?
- Love cleans. Hate thrusters! Oh and burpees. And running. And all things cardio!
What are your biggest CrossFit goals and how close are you to achieving them?
- I just want to get stronger. Still a ways to go, but closer than I was!
Favorite food, restaurant, or cheat meal?
- ALL THINGS TACOS…
What has been your proudest CrossFit accomplishment?
- The first time I actually Rx’ed a workout.
What is the most defining characteristic of Starboard CrossFit that sticks out to you?
- It's more than just another gym or CrossFit box; it’s a family! #olivegarden ;)
What are you up to when you're not at Starboard CrossFit?
- Doing all things math at my job or just hanging with friends.
And finally, any advice or tips for newbies considering or just beginning their CrossFit journey?
- Just do it! #justshowup
A woman of few words; she likes her actions to do all the talking for her! We're very proud and extremely grateful and we cannot thank you enough for letting us be a part of your fitness journey and becoming part of our Starboard CrossFit family. Keep up the hard work Brandy! And thank you so much for sharing your story with us as our Starboard CrossFit Star Athletes for the month of December!