HAVE YOU MET... CASSIDY?
We are always paying close attention to each and every individual member here at Starboard CrossFit. We're not just looking to help them get fit, improve themselves and achieve their goals... each month, we like choose an exceptional athlete that goes above and beyond the call of duty; an athlete that stands out as a shining example of an exemplary Starboard CrossFit athlete and family member. Definitely not an easy task with all of the amazing athletes we have!
Then we ask them to share their story in the hopes that it will inspire and motivate others. Most importantly we want to recognize those dedicated members for their hard work and accomplishments, and show the local community that ANYONE can be a CrossFitter. All you have to do is make the choice to give it a try, set goals, and work hard. You may be surprised at what you will accomplish!
This month, we congratulate one of our youngest athletes that began their CrossFit journey with us only a few short months after we opened our doors. Though she be quiet, she is definitely fierce. Pound for pound, Cassidy is one of our strongest athletes. Check out our Star Athlete of the Month for February, Cassidy Davis!
You can find Cassidy in our early afternoon classes along with her sister, Lacey, always smiling and laughing and usually poking fun at their dear old dad, Kenny. Don't let her smile and her size fool you, Cassidy is one of our 'silent but deadly' killers; she's strong, she's fast, and she's got a tremendous amount of heart. Just stand back and witness the friendly rivalry she and her sister have as they chase each other down through a long, grueling workout.
Stop into one of our afternoon classes sometime and keep an eye out for that sweet little girl that's destroying the workout with a smile on her face.
PLEASE MEET OUR STAR ATHLETE... Cassidy Davis!
- Most people call me Cass, but my nickname is Guns (because of these pipes I carry on my arms lol).
Where were you born or where did you grow up?
- I was born and raised here in Summerville, SC.
Tell us something most people don't know about you.
- I am actually a runner and used to really hate lifting weights.
Funny or embarrassing story you'd like to share.
- Working out with my dad sometimes... hahaha
Words to live by ~or~ favorite quote?
- Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
When and how did you find CrossFit?
- I started CrossFit in August 2017. I started coming with my dad and sister who had been attending a different CrossFit for about a year. We decided to try our Starboard because it was a lot closer to where we lived.
What were you doing before CrossFit?
- I'm a runner, so I was a running all the time. I used to run about 5+ miles everyday. I actually used to run cross country at CSU, and I also ran track in high school.
How has CrossFit affected your life outside the gym?
- I think CrossFit has given me more confidence about myself and also in my abilities and strength.
What is your biggest Crossfit goal?
- My biggest goal is to be able to walk on my hands and also be able to do a pull up. I am pretty close to being able to walk on my hands. I have successfully taken 3 steps on my own!
What's your favorite exercise, movement, lift, WOD, etc.?
- I like any workout that involves running (obviously), but my favorite lift would be back squats, and I really like cleans. I also really enjoy workouts that include handstand pushups.
And what's your least favorite?
- My least favorite is definitely the bike, thrusters, and overhead squats. Sorry, I have quite a few least favorites hahaha.
Favorite food, restaurant, or cheat meal?
- My favorite food is potatoes, but my favorite cheat meal is definitely chicken alfredo.
What has been your proudest CrossFit accomplishment?
- When I got a back squat PR of 125lb.
What is the most defining characteristic of Starboard CrossFit that sticks out to you?
- It is always SUPER clean! Also how genuine and caring all the coaches are!
Any advice for newbies considering or just beginning their journey into the world of CrossFit?
- I would say to not be afraid to start! You may think you can't do it, but anyone can. We are all capable of way more than we give ourselves credit for.
And finally, what are you up to when you're not at Starboard CrossFit?
- I am usually at school(CSU), student teaching, or with my family/friends. I seem to be at school all the time though.
We're extremely grateful to have Cassidy and her family as a large part of our family. Thank you Cassidy for sharing your spirit as our Starboard CrossFit Star Athletes for the month of February!