Athlete of the Month - July 2017
HAVE YOU MET... AARON & ERIN?
We are always paying close attention to each and every individual member here at Starboard CrossFit. We're not just looking to help them improve and achieve the safest and best possible form that they can... each month we like choose an exceptional athlete that goes above and beyond and stands outs as an shining example of a proud Starboard CrossFit member. Definitely not an easy task with all of the amazing athletes we have!
Then we ask them to share their story in the hopes that it will inspire and motivate others. Most importantly we want to recognize those dedicated members for their hard work and accomplishments, and show the local community that ANYONE can be a CrossFitter. All you have to do is make the choice to give it a try, set goals, work hard and push yourself. You may be surprised at what you will accomplish!
This month, we are very excited to honor one of Starboard's Founding Couples as our Star Athlete of the Month for July, Aaron & Erin Brackett!
Aaron (the guy) & Erin (the girl) are a couple of our original founding members that followed us to Starboard CrossFit and we are beyond thankful for their trust and faith in our dream and for joining us on our CrossFit journey!
They both push each other with determination to show up everyday and drive to finish every single WOD, even when it seems impossible. Both of these athletes brings such contagious energy and positive vibes into every class and event. Their hard work and intensity has helped them to progress quickly and in doing so has pushed other members around them to follow.
Like our previous Athlete of the Month, Aaron is friendly, quiet and reserved but shows a lot of drive and passion when working out. TSgt Aaron Brackett makes the ultimate sacrifice every day as he is one of our many active duty military members! Aaron is enlisted in the U.S. Air Force Fire Protection Services.
Erin is a familiar face at all of our community events and was even brave enough to compete at our grand opening competition! She's always quick to lend a hand wherever and whenever it's needed. She assisted our coaching staff with conducting boot-camp classes, does babysitting duties and has even been there to pick up our kids after school! Erin is always so welcoming and supportive of every new face that walks in the doors and is just such a pleasure to just talk with.
They're definitely an inspiration to us all and will always be welcome at Starboard CrossFit and, being from Ohio, they'll always hold a special place in our hearts! It's been so much fun watching them both grow as a CrossFit Athletes and we wish them the best on their next adventure in life as duty calls them to Alaska. We are so very honored to have the Brackett family as part of our Starboard Family.
PLEASE MEET OUR STAR ATHLETE COUPLE... AARON & ERIN!
Name (any nicknames):
- Aaron (the guy) & Erin (aka Girl Erin)
Where were you born or where did you grow up?
- We were both born in Ohio! (*fist bumps*) Aaron grew up in Michigan (we'll forgive him...) and I grew up in Toledo,Ohio (aka the Canada of Ohio.) We were high school sweethearts and now have 2 beautiful children, Joslynn and Blake, and have been married almost 17 years!
Tell us something most people don't know about you?
- Most people think Aaron is quiet, however he is not! He has a crazy side too! We were on a talk show when we were 19! (was it Jerry Springer??? LOL!)
Funny or embarrassing story you'd like to share?
- Seriously there are so many! I just like to have fun all the time! (maybe you should elaborate more on this talk show appearance...)
Words to live by ~or~ favorite quote?
- Aaron : I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13
- (Girl) Erin : you never know the past someone has walked through to make them the way they are, so be kind to everyone and make them feel loved!
When and how did you find CrossFit?
- Aaron was introduced to Crossfit in Texas by coworkers. I needed something new and fun so Aaron thought it would be something good for us to do together. I wanted no part in Crossfit at first but fell in love with it very quickly!